Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Investor Relations, Public Relations and Corporate Communications will be responsible for furthering Pyxis’s mission through the development and execution of its investor relations strategy. S/He will lead corporate communications, including visibility, media and public relations, and public affairs. The Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will develop and enhance Pyxis’s narrative, while educating investors and acting as a key partner to the management team as the company continues to expand its pipeline. Other aspects of the position will include contributing to the company’s branding, employer branding and internal messaging strategy and execution. This position will require developing a strong business relationship and collaborating with the executive team, along with all internal functional leads as well as human resources.
- Lead and implement the strategic planning, direction, and execution of all Investor Relations, Public Relations, and Corporate Communications for the organization.
- Oversee activities, including investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, advocacy conferences and industry events; help with event preparations for relevant reporter engagements, executive presentations, stakeholder events and related activities.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team on the development, integration and execution of a cohesive and proactive corporate communications strategy to raise external visibility of the company and our science.
- Refine messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance.
- Select and prioritize key events and conferences for management to participate in, ensuring optimal use of time in profiling and targeting of shareholders.
- Originate and maintain investor-facing materials, including all press releases, investor presentations, conference call scripts, Q&A, etc.
- Prepare executive management for investor events; may accompany senior executives at investor conferences and be a resource for information.
- Remain on top of industry trends and competitive landscape to both proactively and reactively adjust plans, messaging and manage relationships that may be impacted.
- Develop effective employee communications plans that strengthen recruitment, employee value proposition, employee engagement, and company culture.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape to both proactively and reactively to keep management informed, adjust plans, messaging and manage relationships.
- Maintain master investor and target communication list and target lists; track all investor interactions.
- Manage and further develop our social media strategy and website, in partnership with CEO, CFO, COO, HR and our PR/IR firm.
- Manage suppliers (developers, designers, infrastructure resources) for supporting the launch and sustainment of internal communication projects and channels.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree (MBA, MSc, Ph.D. or MD) a plus.
- Biotechnology/pharma experience also a significant plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in investor relations and communications is required, preferably in a publicly traded biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, investment bank or with strong life sciences agency experience
- Proven ability to speak the language of drug discovery and development and break down complex scientific concepts for external audiences is required
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively across all departments and levels of the organization as well as with media, patient advocacy organizations and other external constituents are required
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint are required
- Experience managing agency and vendor relationships is preferred
- Proven ability to manage the details and logistics of communication initiatives with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish internal communication to keep employees engaged and updated with changes or events at the company using various formats
- Excellent written communication and slide preparation skills with a track record of generating clear, accurate, and compelling materials are required
- Flexibility and adaptability: demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and to work diplomatically and tactfully with others is required
- Proven capability to appropriately challenge status quo, drive and support innovation, including new ideas to streamline and enhance processes rather than solely implement current tactics is required
- An inclusive individual who thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance legal matters involving multiple stakeholders and various priorities; ability to balance regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way
- Meticulous attention to detail and form is required
- Strong judgment and high degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability are required5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or Investor Relations in the biotech industry.
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community, media and biopharma journalists
- Experienced in managing and overseeing contract IR/PR agencies and vendors
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com