Pyxis Oncology is seeking an innovative, methodical and collaborative Sr./Principal Scientist to join our Translational Medicine team. The successful candidate will support translational efforts including development of clinical biomarker assays, characterizing human-relevant models, indication selection, identify potential combination therapies, investigate mechanisms of resistance and other translational efforts. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient and critical in their approach to science, with excellent interpersonal skills and a team-centric mindset. The candidate must also enjoy the fast-paced and ever-dynamic startup environment.
- Using data from preclinical and human samples to identify biomarkers in patient samples including predictive, prognostic, diagnostic, pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and others.
- Responsible for biomarker assays from conception and development to transferring, validation and monitoring at external labs.
- Identify rationales for combination therapies and investigate mechanisms of resistance.
- Provide translational strategies, data and tools to program teams; and serve as translational lead in a collaborative environment.
- Organize and manage human and non-human tissue samples.
- Seek and establish contract with CRO, vendors and external collaborators to advance programs.
- Help create and setup translational infrastructure and workflow.
- D. or M.D. with 7+ years or M.S. with 12+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical drug development setting.
- Experience working with anti-body drug conjugates.
- Experience working with cell-free DNA, single cell or bulk RNA sequencing analysis, TCR analysis.
- Experience working with multiplex immunofluorescence and digital image analysis workflow.
- Experience with use of companion diagnostics in the clinical/trial setting.
- Experience programing in R, Python, MATLAB or Stata.
- Worked with biomarkers in immuno-oncology or immunology in the biopharmaceutical setting.
- Implemented biomarker strategies into working assays at central labs, including analysis and interpretation of downstream data.
- Expertise in one of the following disciplines – pathology, bioinformatics, genomics.
- Experience working with human tissue and familiarity with tracking requirement.
- Experience working with discovery research and clinical teams.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org