Pyxis Oncology is seeking an innovative, methodical and collaborative Senior or Principal Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Translational Medicine team. The successful candidate will grow and spearhead translational bioinformatics using omics and high-dimensional data to assist identification of novel targets/pathways, development of biomarker assays, selection of preclinical models and patients, identification of resistance mechanism and combination strategies. Exploring how to apply machine learning to expand the capability and capacity of existing Pyxis platforms will also be an important aspect. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient and critical in their approach to science, with excellent interpersonal skills and a team-centric mindset. The candidate must also enjoy the fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
- Lead and grow bioinformatics infrastructure and capability at Pyxis Oncology
- Biomarker strategy from early research to clinical programs for IO and ADC pipelines
- Serve as subject matter expert for research, clinical and business teams
- Identify novel targets and pathways in oncology and immune-related diseases
- Application of machine learning to the development of drugs
- Expertise in bioinformatics algorithms using R, Python, and machine learning packages to appropriately address translational and biological questions
- In-depth experience analyzing, interpreting and visualizing RNA and DNA data including single cell sequencing, bulk sequencing, microarray and mutation, indel, amplification, SNP, fusion calling.
- Experience integrating and analyzing high-dimensional data
- Experience analyzing human clinical trial data
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, human genetics or biostatistics with 3-5 years of oncology or immune-related industry experience. B.A., B.S. and M.S. candidates with relevant expertise and 5+ years of industry experience are welcome to apply.
- Experience with digital image analysis
- Experience analyzing proteomic and metabolomic data
- Experience with genomic laboratory setup and workflow
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org