Pyxis Oncology is a growing biopharmaceuticals company that is leveraging antibody drug conjugates and immunotherapy to improve patient outcomes in difficult-to-treat cancers. The Translational Bioinformatics team is seeking an innovative, methodical, and collaborative scientist to support bioinformatics analyses across the Pyxis portfolio.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing ‘omics analysis pipelines across a variety of data types as needed and work closely with scientists across the organization to drive hypothesis generation and validation, with a focus on biomarker discovery. As a Translational Bioinformatics Scientist, you will apply machine learning and statistical algorithms to investigate efficacy and MoA, leveraging public as well as internal data sets for target and indication selection. You will be creative and highly critical in their approach to science, with excellent interpersonal skills and a team-centric mindset. The candidate must also enjoy the fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
- Support biomarker discovery efforts across programs, leveraging in-house, public, and external data.
- Develop algorithms for the analysis of large-scale ‘omics data.
- Develop and maintain in-house pipelines for the processing of ‘omics data.
- Collaborate closely with scientists across R&D to develop experiments and interpret data.
- Present findings company wide.
- Other duties as periodically assigned.
- D. with 0-2 years of industry or equivalent experience, or M.S. with 4-6 years of experience required
- Strong track record in the analysis of ‘omics data required
- Proficiency in R and/or Python required
- Experience with differential gene workflows.
- Familiarity with common machine learning and statistical algorithms.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology.
- Familiarity with relevant public databases such as TCGA and CCLE.
- Experience with common bioinformatics tools such as samtools, bedtools, STAR, GATK, etc.
- Comfortable working in a unix and cloud environment.
- Familiarity with NextFlow.
- Experience with git.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org