Pyxis Oncology is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and science-oriented senior scientist in protein production to join the Protein Sciences team. The successful candidate will design, expression, and purify antibody, protein and antibody drug conjugate (ADC). The ideal candidate will be highly organized and corroborative with excellent interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, exciting, ever-changing startup environment.
Key duties and accountability
- Design and optimize the expression constructs in mammalian cells (HEK293 and CHO etc) of antibody and recombinant/engineered recombinant protein.
- Express antibody and recombinant proteins in mammalian cell culture, not limit to HEK293 and CHO, at scales from milligram to gram levels.
- Develop purification strategies and purify proteins using various chromatographic techniques such as affinity, size exclusion, ion-exchange, and hydrophobic interaction.
- Characterize recombinant protein and assess quality using analytical SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, WB, endotoxin techniques.
- Proactively explore and implement different technologies, methods, and emerging tools to increase work efficiency and output
- Support cross-functional teams with protein science expertise and collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists
- Present program updates and data at meetings.
- Monitor, maintain, and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Proactively share skills and knowledge and train others on techniques and protocols.
- D. in Biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years or M.S with 5+ years of experience with antibody /recombinant protein engineering, expression, and purification required
- Strong hands-on Experience in antibody and recombinant protein expression including IgG1, IgG4, native proteins, truncated proteins, and fusion proteins from mammalian cell lines, with transient and stable expression platforms
- Strong hands-on experience with AKTA/FPLC-based protein purification with various chromatography techniques, including IMAC, ProA affinity, ion exchange, SEC, HIC, etc.
- Proficiency in common protein quantification and characterization methods, including but not limited to BCA, Lowry protein assay, A280, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, CE-SDS, and endotoxin determination
- Exposure to robotics, high throughput expression and purification platforms is desirable
- A track record of strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with a strong can-do attitude
- Task driven, organized, ability of prioritizing and working simultaneously on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively and constructively in cross functional teams, both independently as well as be ready to help teammates
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interpret results and contribute to multidisciplinary discovery and CMC teams
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com