Pyxis is seeking a talented Senior Director of Information Technology (IT) to lead the strategy and management of our IT Infrastructure by implementing systems to support drug development, Information Security, and End User Services (EUS). Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director will be responsible for defining direction, architecture, standards, and management to include disaster recovery, security, systems, servers, monitoring, performance, networks, and storage. He/she must provide planning, cost analysis and coordination for projects to expand the organizations growth. The person in this role will also actively participate in managing direct reports, contractors, and IT vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services as well as oversee IT compliance (i.e., SOX, GxP, Data Privacy).
- Outline the strategy for IT services supporting both Research, Development, and G&A functions.
- Implement systems supporting drug development across multiple functions including CMC, medical, finance, and others.
- Develop and implement a cyber security program, including an IT policy and best practice guides for the organization.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure. This includes regularly running checks on network and data security, conducting system audits and sharing operation system reports with senior staff.
- Define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Identify and manage opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Design training programs and workshops for employees.
- Maintain inventory and oversee asset management of all computers and related hardware and software.
- Manage and report on allocation of IT budget.
- Develop, negotiate, and administer information technology contracts relating to services, licenses, acquisition, systems support, and consultant work; ensure compliance with contract terms, existing policies and procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service as the face of IT services.
- Substantial (10+ years) experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Adaptability and flexibility in an environment with changing priorities, processes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Experience with IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
Education and/or Experience At the discretion of the hiring manager, the minimum is a Bachelor’s in Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with equivalent plus 10 years experience.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org