Pyxis is seeking an experienced Senior Director, Controller, reporting to our SVP of Finance, Tax, and SEC Reporting. This individual will be responsible for leading the controllership and managing Pyxis’ accounting policies, procedures, and positions on a range of accounting topics, financial operations including the implementation and compliance with new accounting standards. This role leads all accounting operational functions, assesses internal control and accounting systems. The candidate will be responsible for the consolidation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results, in collaboration with FP&A, prepare monthly financial statements for senior management.
- Lead accounting functions, provide controllership and accounting expertise for the Company.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close processes. Drive improvements in existing and new reporting systems to increase efficiencies, enhance processes and reduce reporting timelines.
- Implement all accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of operational efficiency for business units.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
- Implement SOX 404(b) including auditors’ review.
- Implement NetSuite and other financial systems needed to scale the organization.
- Administrate stock plans managing all employee equity programs including implementation of new equity platform.
- Facilitate the education and training of the organization and broader finance organization on all financial operations.
- Coordinate with external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit.
- Develop business partnership with Research & Development organization.
- Prepare for clinical trial financial management with clinical operations.
- Experience with financial management of CMC agreements.
- Collaborate with HR on payroll and other employee related financial processes.
- Build a strong accounting organization and develops talent within the team for our long- term success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting or Finance with an MBA, CPA or equivalent postgraduate qualification required
- 12+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- Biotech experience required
- Prior experience as controller is preferred
- Experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm is preferred
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Strong team leader and developer of talent
- Self-starter; surfaces and runs after problems
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Strong leadership, decision making and technical skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org