Pyxis Oncology is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and science-oriented antibody conjugation scientist to join the Protein Sciences team. The successful candidate will design, produce, and characterize antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The ideal candidate will be highly organized and corroborative with excellent interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, exciting, ever-changing startup environment.
Key duties and accountability
- Design, produce, and characterize antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) independently in support of discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics.
- Leverage knowledge of bioconjugation, medicinal chemistry and protein engineering to develop new therapeutic ADC technology.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of immunologists and chemists to answer scientific questions and drive forward new therapies.
- Serve as R&D representative to transition ADC process to CMC and support different stages of development.
- Present program updates and data at meetings.
- Monitor, maintain, and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Proactively share skills and knowledge and train others on techniques and protocols.
- D. in Biochemistry or Chemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant academic or industry experience required
- Experience in bioconjugation methods (site-specific cysteine, lysine, inter-chain cysteine etc.) is required
- Experience in production, purification and characterization of ADCs on research scale (0.5-100 mg) is required and experience with medium scales (100-500 mg) is preferred
- Experience in development of purification strategies using various chromatographic techniques such as affinity, size exclusion, ion-exchange, and hydrophobic interaction
- Individual with strong chemistry knowledge to help in optimization of payloads and linker-payloads is preferred
- Experience in analytical characterization of ADCs including SEC, RP-HPLC, LC-MS, CE-SDS, ELISA, DSC, and HIC is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interpret results and contribute to multidisciplinary discovery and CMC teams
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask with creative problem-solving abilities
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org