Pyxis Oncology is seeking a passionate, creative, deeply skilled Ph.D. immunologist to join our Discovery Research team. The successful candidate will lead discovery research strategy and efforts for one of our key therapeutic antibody programs with which we hope to harness the immune system to defeat difficult to treat cancers. The ideal candidate will be curious, resourceful, and proactive in turning biological findings into results that help move our potential therapies toward the clinic. The candidate should enjoy collaborating as a team player in a fast-paced, exciting, ever-changing, and rapidly growing startup environment.
- With guidance from senior team members, lead strategy for a key pipeline program.
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays and in vivo studies to take a program from early discovery through development candidate nomination and into clinical development.
- Identify, design, and execute immune-related functional assays to support early discovery efforts on novel biologic-based therapeutics (e.g. mAbs), understand target and therapeutic mechanism, and help drive translational/biomarker strategy.
- Understand program priorities and timelines and how functional assays integrate into the broader program strategy
- Thoroughly document experiments and clearly communicate results across functional teams in internal- and external-facing environments.
- Collaborate with people across multiple teams and assist with needs of other programs.
- Interact with industry and academic partners, consultants, and CROs.
- Ph.D. in Immunology or a related field with 0-4+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Comfort in leading the development and execution of functional cell-based assays including proliferation, activation, suppression, cytotoxicity, MLR, ADCC, cytokine release, apoptosis, differentiation, metabolic signaling, Ca2+ flux, cellular migration, cell-cell adhesion.
- Proficiency in independently designing and executing experiments, analyzing data, and reporting conclusions.
- Transparent in communication, documentation, and data sharing with an understanding that scientific excellence is driven by integrity.
- Expertise in cellular and protein immunology including multi-color flow cytometry (FACS analysis and cell sorting) and cytokine profiling (ELISA, MSD, Luminex).
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, lentiviral transduction, tissue dissociation, and reporter bioassay development.
- Experience within areas of cancer immunotherapy especially T cell and NK cell biology, cold tumor biology, and immune migration and infiltration.
- An understanding of antibody therapeutic discovery and preclinical development is desired.
- Experience with in vivo tumor models is helpful.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills..
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Ability to work with human and animal tissue and blood or blood products.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.