Pyxis Oncology is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and science-oriented protein/antibody engineering scientist to join the Protein Sciences team. The successful candidate will lead the development of monospecific and multi-specific antibodies for novel and challenge targets using, but not limited to, hybridoma, display and B-cell cloning technologies. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, exciting, ever-changing startup environment.
Key duties and accountability
- Act as SME in antibody discovery and engineering
- Develop antibody discovery strategies and Lead antibody discovery, maturation, optimization and humanization campaigns for I/O and ADC programs.
- Explore new technologies of antibody discovery and novel bispecific/multispecific antibody formats.
- Perform cell line generation, antibody production and characterization as needed.
- Manage scientists and associate scientists as well as projects
- Support cross-functional teams with antibody expertise and collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebooks and write SOPs.
- Monitor, maintain, and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Proactively share skills and knowledge and train others on techniques and protocols.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, or a related field with 5+ years of experience in antibody discovery and engineering required
- Expert with hands-on experience in antibody discovery technologies including but not limited to hybridoma, display and B-cell cloning. Experience with in silico design of binders is a plus
- Expert in design and production of scFv, nanobody and bispecific antibodies using mammalian and bacteria expression systems
- Experience and knowledge in antibody screening, antibody characterization and developability assessment
- Familiar with biochemical and biophysical antibody/protein characterization technologies, such as Octet, Biacore, KinEXA, SEC, MS, icIEF, WB and SDS-PAGE etc
- Strong skill to design, establish and troubleshoot experiments
- Experience with people managing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org