Pyxis is seeking an outstanding candidate to build and lead the grants management effort. This candidate will report to the VP of Business Development and will collaborate with the CSO, and other team members to manage all aspects of the grant administration. The candidate will have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience and firsthand experience (serving as senior personnel) on federally funded grants, a proven track record and experience in interacting with Program Officers at federal funding institutions and supporting industry grants in the areas of federal and non-federal grant administration.
- Prepares non-dilutive funding opportunities (i.e., grants and contracts from the government, private foundations, etc.) working closely with Vice President of Business and Corporate Development, CSO, Principal Investigator(s) and other team members, to handle all aspects of grant administration, including proposal review, submission and award set up.
- Independently monitors and maintains post-award grant management activities including providing company stakeholders with ongoing financial reporting as well as serving as the primary point of contact on all compliance related issues involving grants or contracts with the respective funding agencies.
- Works in internal and/or external accountants to ensure compliance to appropriate accounting standards.
- Leads any grant or contract related audit in conjunctions with internal and/or external accountants, as necessary.
- Serves as a Pyxis management team liaison with sponsors, fostering ongoing relationships. Conversant in applicable sponsor rules and regulations; preparing and submitting documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee sponsored research project accounts, reviews and reconciles charges and works with Pyxis team members and finance team to forecast balances and submits required financial reports to the appropriate funding agencies.
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator(s) of the grant or contract to monitor progress and timelines for all funded awards.
- Administers awards including ongoing monitoring of effort and adherence to related salary and effort limitations imposed under sponsor or Company policies.
- Coordinates process with CFO for annual budget projections in conjunction with the finance team.
- Contacts and builds relationship with Award directors, Patient Advocacy groups and other stakeholders to identify potential grant opportunities.
- Provides ongoing training and orientation on pre and post award grant administration.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant related (3 to 5 years) experience supporting industry grants in the areas of federal and non-federal grant administration.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of personal computers, spreadsheets, and word processing applications.
- Knowledge of federal web-based grants management systems, enterprise financial systems, query tools or grants management tools a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works independently with minimal supervision; respects deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, and with all levels of institute staff.
Please send resume to email@example.com