Pyxis Oncology seeks a dynamic and proactive Executive Assistant to support the leadership team of a rapidly growing biopharma company. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Office Operations, the EA will share the various office and HR responsibilities, and provide comprehensive administrative support for Pyxis’s R&D and CMC functions. The ideal candidate will be professional, articulate, and enjoy working within a collaborative, fast-paced environment. He/she must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of tasks with significant attention to detail and handle confidential matters with discretion. The person in this role will be an integral contributor, acting as the organizational and communication hub for the departments and working collaboratively with other functions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to one or more executives and their teams including, but not limited to: executive calendar, meetings, schedule, travel arrangements, and expense reports. Must have the ability to support individuals who are remote.
- Build strong working relationships with teams by organizing efficient communication and following up with deadlines and pertinent information.
- Coordinate and manage documentation for external collaborator meetings and advisory boards.
- Create, compose, and edit written material as needed; handle correspondences of a confidential nature.
- Propose and implement departmental process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Arrange off-site meetings including venue, A/V equipment, accommodations, catering, meeting supplies, etc., as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Provide company communications support; coordinate activities with internal/external stakeholders.
- Independently perform special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative needs and technical operations.
- Enhance the business model by institutionalizing business processes, implementing best practices and templates, and seeking ways to work more efficiently.
Shared Office and HR Role & Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Senior Manager of Office Operations and Human Resources, edit and post job descriptions and create and distribute interview schedules.
- Act as overall receptionist for full team, greeting guests, managing their logistics, etc.
- Support company culture.
- Assist with kitchen and supply stocking and revise options based on employee input.
- Assist with scheduling employee lunches and events.
- Maintain office supplies.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Must thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment where flexibility, resourcefulness, resiliency, and communication skills are key. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with your stakeholders, and being an all around good company citizen are essential.
- 8+ years related biotech or pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior executive assistant experience working in a busy, high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Administrative competence (typing, scheduling, e-mailing, coordinating calendars, copying)
- Top-notch organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented who partners well, develops, and preserves positive relationships across the organization.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org