Pyxis Oncology is seeking an innovative, methodical and collaborative Associate Director, Translational Bioinformatics to join our Translational Medicine team. The successful candidate will grow and spearhead translational bioinformatics using omics and high-dimensional data to assist identification of novel targets/pathways, development of biomarker assays, selection of preclinical models and patients, identification of resistance mechanism and combination strategies. Exploring how to apply machine learning to expand the capability and capacity of existing Pyxis platforms will also be an important aspect. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient and critical in their approach to science, with excellent interpersonal skills, leadership ability and a team-centric mindset. The candidate must also enjoy the fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
Key Duties & Accountabilities
- Lead and grow bioinformatics infrastructure and capability at Pyxis Oncology
- Biomarker strategy from early research to clinical programs for IO and ADC pipelines
- Serve as subject matter expert for preclinical, clinical and business teams
- Identify novel targets and pathways in oncology and immune-related diseases
- Application of machine learning to the development of drugs
- Performs other related duties as required by position
Core Competencies Required
- Expertise in applying bioinformatics algorithms in R or Python to address translational and biological questions
- In-depth experience analyzing, interpreting and visualizing RNA and DNA data including single cell sequencing, bulk sequencing, microarray and mutation, indel, amplification, SNP, fusion calling.
- Experience integrating and analyzing other high-dimensional data
- Experience of working with human clinical trial data
Knowledge: Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, human genetics or biostatistics with 3-5 years of oncology or immune-related industry experience. B.A., B.S. and M.S. candidates with relevant expertise and 5+ years of industry experience are welcome to apply.
- Managerial experience preferred
- Experience in any of the following areas is preferred: machine learning, digital image analysis, proteomics and metabolomics data analysis, genetic perturbation, genomics laboratory setup and workflow.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org